2010년 2월 18일 목요일

Spicy Crab Soup - (꽃게탕)

I made this over the weekend, but I've been lazy to put it up. Like always, there are a variety of ways to make this dish, but I tend to cheat and buy the marinated crab at the K-markets. Why? Because it's already fully seasoned and all CLEAN and cut - bottom line, it saves me a lot of time.


IMG_9394
I would say this is roughly about 1 lb. of spicy crab. When the K-market has fresh ggot-gae (crab) in the future, I'll buy it and show you how to make this at home as well. I don't like the frozen ones...


IMG_9397

I had already washed and cleaned my veggies the prior night. This about 1/4 onion, 2 small red peppers, 1 green pepper, and 1/2 cup of sliced up daikon radish (moo).


IMG_9398

In a pot, add about 3/4 TB minced garlic, 1/2 TB red pepper powder, 3/4 TB sesame oil and 2 TB gook ganjang.


IMG_9400
IMG_9401
First throw in the moo and saute it a bit.


IMG_9402

Then add 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.


IMG_9404

Add about 1/2 TB of dwenjang and 1 TB of gochu-jang to the boiling water....


IMG_9405

Then throw in all the crabs and bring to a boil again.


IMG_9407

Throw in the onions, green onions, and dae-pa (large green onions).


IMG_9409

Throw in the green and red peppers...


IMG_9414

Let everything continue to boil for a bit...


IMG_9415

Throw in some tofu! At this point you can add squash, mushrooms, kongnamool, soot-gat or any other vegetable you want to add. I didn't have any of those (time to go the market again!) so I made mine simple.


IMG_9433

Continue to boil for just a little bit longer and you're ready to serve! Enjoy with a nice hot bowl of rice.

As always, if there are any questions regarding ingredients and brands...be sure to check out my
Korean Cooking 101 section!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기