2010년 4월 18일 일요일

Uh-Mook Jorim - Fish Cakes - 어묵 조림

I apologize about the sporadic updates. One of my New Year's resolutions was to spend more time on this blog and hopefully make a mini-cookbook by the end of this year. =P We'll see how that goes since I'm not very motivated to do much these days.

I've put up an uh-mook bokeum recipe up before, and this following recipe is quite similar, only with more liquid. Instead of pan-frying the uh-mook, you're reducing it in liquid. I personally think it has more flavor.

Again, many ways to make the same dish! You can add red peppers, green peppers, carrots, broccoli and whatever else meets your fancy. I didn’t have any of that so I made do with what was available.

Needed:

  • 4 Fried Fish Cake pieces
  • sauce: 2 TB minced garlic, 2 TB rice wine, 1/4 cup water, 3 TB gook ganjang, 1 TB sesame oil, 1 TB corn syrup, and lastly 3/4 TB of red pepper powder (gochuggaru).
  • 1/2CUP onions, 1/2CUP mushrooms, and 1/4CUP green onions

IMG_8170
I buy a big bag of uh-mook and leave it in my freezer to use whenever I may need it.


IMG_8171
I used four pieces today.


IMG_8173
Cut it once lengthwise and then slice it up like so.


IMG_8175
Throw the uh-mook into a pan and add the following: 2 TB minced garlic, 2 TB rice wine, 1/4 cup water, 3 TB gook ganjang, 1 TB sesame oil, 1 TB corn syrup, and lastly 3/4 TB of red pepper powder (gochuggaru).


IMG_8178
Mix it up well and then throw in about half a sliced onion and continue to let it boil on low heat.


IMG_8184
At this point, you can throw in any number of vegetables. If you have red and green peppers on hand add them for extra kick (I didn't have any) or you can add mushrooms, broccoli, or squash. No limits!


IMG_8185
Once all the liquid is almost reduced, throw in some green onions and mix it around one last time.


IMG_8190
You're ready to serve! Enjoy!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend! Mother Nature is acting kinda freaky out here in LA isn't it? =P

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기