2009년 12월 23일 수요일

Green Power

Do you know the power of green veggies? It's called enzymes, folks! Ever since I was diagnosed with cancer, I've been on a quest to find a way to incorporate better nutrition into my life. I doubt I will become a vegan or a vegetarian, because my love of meat is too great. =P HOWEVER, I have reduced my intake of meat by a lot.

Yesterday was the first time I had red meat in over four weeks. For a person who used to eat beef at every meal...this is quite an accomplishment. =P


_MG_1136
I went and purchased a juicer and have been juicing fresh GREENS daily. I force everyone to drink it. =) What do I juice? Everything I can think of! I just go to the grocery store once a week and stock up on as many organic veggies as I can fit into my fridge. I forgot to buy some garlic and ginger, but I plan to add those as well in the upcoming weeks.


_MG_1138
A little wheatgrass...I'm going to try and find a way to grow this off our balcony because it's a pain trying to store all this in the fridge and I don't feel like going to Whole Foods each and every day. It's REALLY difficult (near impossible) trying to juice wheatgrass using a standard juicer, so I'm debating whether to purchase a wheatgrass juicer.


_MG_1141
Some celery and carrots!


_MG_1143
Spinach!


_MG_1146
Lots of cucumber and broccoli!


_MG_1148
And beautiful leafy kale~


_MG_1151
Try it! I promise it doesn't taste bad. Throw in some blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries if you want some sweetness. ;)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기