2010년 11월 11일 목요일

Shrimp Fried Rice - (새우 볶음밥)

There's so many ways to make shrimp fried rice and this is the way I do it. It tastes more Korean style in my opinion.

Things Needed:
  • 1 cup of chopped shrimp
  • 1/2 cup each of celery, carrots, onions and corn
  • 3-4 cups of cooked cold rice
  • sesame oil, soy sauce, minced garlic

IMG_4372
It's strange being in the Midwest. The local grocery store didn't have any fresh shrimp! I had to buy the frozen kind. Anyhow wash and clean your shrimp.


IMG_4379
I then like to chop my shrimps up into bite size pieces.


IMG_4375
I just use frozen corn.


IMG_4378
Most people use peas, but I HATE peas. If we were in LA, I would have used edaname beans but I just used celery instead. Chop up your veggies! Here I used carrots, celery and onions (about 1/2 cup each).


IMG_4377
Heat a pan with 1 TB sesame oil and 1/2 TB minced garlic.


IMG_4380
Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until just about done.


IMG_4384
Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside At this point, I like to squeeze a little lemon juice onto the shrimp and mix it around. The lemon juice helps get rid of the 'fishy-ness'. Afterwards, drain all the juices.


IMG_4381 IMG_4382
In a separate pan, scramble 2 egg whites and 1 yolk and set it aside.


IMG_4385
Go back to the big pan and heat up 1 TB of oil.


IMG_4386
Stir fry the chopped up vegetables until the carrots are nice and soft.


IMG_4387
Then add the corn and mix together well.


IMG_4388
Finally add the shrimp.


IMG_4389
Then finally add about 3-4 cups of cold cooked rice.


IMG_4391
Add the eggs and season it with about 1 TB of soy sauce, 1/2 TB of gook ganjang, and 1 TB of sesame oil. As always, adjust this part according to your own tastes. I tend make my food a little on the bland side.


IMG_4392
Mix it around well....


IMG_4395
And you're ready to serve!!!

I'm going to make jang jorim this week and 마늘 짱아찌 (garlic jorim) too. Stayed tuned.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기