2010년 5월 18일 화요일

Momil Gooksoo in Soba Sauce

HELLOOOO! Is anyone still out there? I know I've been a really bad blogger and haven't had an update of substance in a long time. In fact, I feel kinda guilty coming back today since this post will also be a *non-recipe* of sorts. Anything not made from scratch, doesn't constitute as a *real* recipe to me.

But I digress...


I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but I really like NOODLES. I actually *LOVE* ramyun, but after being sick I try not to eat it often. Anyhow, whenever I get a late afternoon noodle kick and I'm at home - instead of making ramyun, I try and make this instead. It's a bit healthier and it satisfies my noodle fixation pretty well.



IMG_4098

Buckwheat soba noodles. =P


IMG_4099

Boil them according to the instructions - probably about 10-12 minutes or so.


IMG_4101

Meanwhile, go and grab this! It's in the sauce section of almost every Korean market (or Japanese market). I love this particular brand.


IMG_4103

Rinse your noodles and if you have some ice in your freezer (I didn't!) then throw them in there to get the noodles nice a cold.


IMG_4105

Grab a grater and start grating some moo (or horseradish as it's called in English). Grate as much as you want! I pretty much used up that whole piece right there.


IMG_4107

Then get some wasabi paste and squeeze in as much as you can handle.

Side note: one my my greatest fears going through radiation was being told that I may not be able to eat spicy foods anymore. YIKES. I *LOVE* spicy foods (I'm talking Thai spicy!) and while undergoing radiation, even some of the mildest spices bore a hole in my mouth. Well, I'm happy to say that one year after radiation my tolerance for spicy foods is exactly where it used to be. =) Although I do try and refrain from extra spicyness for my health, I *can* tolerate it and just knowing I can if I wanted to is satisfying.



IMG_4109

Throw in some green onions and you have this pretty little concoction!


IMG_4111

Pour some of the soba sauce straight in and you're almost done.


IMG_4117

Sprinkle some crushed seaweed (or Furakaike if you're lazy like me) on top of the noodles.


IMG_4119

And then dip some of the noodles in the sauce (after making sure to thoroughly mix it up! you do NOT want to accidentally eat a lump of wasabi like I did earlier today. =P) and start slurping!


IMG_4120

A nice alternative to eating ramyun on a lazy day like today! Hope you enjoy. I promise to be back with a semi-real recipe sooner or later. Would you believe I've become incredibly lazy!?

What can you make with the leftover momil gooksoo?

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기