2010년 9월 8일 수요일

Beef Curry....from the box - (카래 라이스)

I'm sure 99% of you know how to make curry, especially since the directions are right on the box, but I thought I would post a step by step anyhow since I made this and had my camera handy. Plus, one of my girlfriends (you know who you are) called me the other day and asked me how to make curry. =P At first I thought she was joking, but it turns out she wasn't. So this is for you, babe! ;)


_MG_9371
There are lots of different instant curries out there, but I personally like this one the BEST. My 2nd choice would be Vermont Curry.


_MG_9374
You can pretty much add whatever vegetables you prefer. I chose to use 1 whole large onion, 3 mushrooms, 4 celery sticks, 1 large potato, 2 small carrots, and about 1 cup of frozen corn.


_MG_9375
The local K-market actually sells beef for curry. It's really convenient because it's precut into perfect bite size pieces. You need more or less 1 LB. of beef. You can use ground beef, beef stew meat, beef flank, etc. You can also substitute with chicken.


_MG_9377
Start off with about 2 TB of oil and 1 TB of minced garlic. I'm sure you've noticed by now that I garlic and add it to just about everything.


_MG_9379
First saute your beef with a dash of salt and pepper.


_MG_9380
Then add your cut up carrots and potatoes and keep stirring.


_MG_9381
Next add your onions and celery and continue to stir it around. At this point I like to add about 1 TB of red pepper powder.


_MG_9382
You're now ready to throw in your mushrooms and corn. Stir, stir, stir and mix everything around evenly.


_MG_9383
Add 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil for about 5-10 minutes. I also added 1 TB of Chicken Knorr at this point.


_MG_9384
Break up all your curry pieces. Although I only took a picture of half the curry, make sure to use the WHOLE box. You will be using two of these.


_MG_9385
Keep stirring it around and make sure to scrape the bottom off so the vegetables don't stick.


_MG_9388
In about 5-10 minutes after adding the curry blocks, you should reach a thick consistency. You're now ready to serve over hot rice! Enjoy~ I was going to take a picture of it over white rice, but when I came home today the MR had already finished all the curry! I took half of it to work to share with my coworkers, so he didn't eat ALL of it by himself...but still.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기